Click here to see which Buckettripper trips make great family outings.
Many of the activities on this site would be great choices for some kids, depending on age and interest, but on this page, we’ve identified the activities that are either specially designed for kids and families, or activities that consistently get great reviews from kids across the board.
Recent Family Travel Articles:
- Playing at Powell Gardens in Kingsville, Missouri
- Birding the Quebec Maritimes’ Islands near Rivière-du-Loup
- Cruising Saguaro Lake in Mesa, Arizona
- Seeing New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art Efficiently and Economically
- Climbing through Maquoketa Caves State Park, Iowa
- Camping in Yosemite Village: Yosemite National Park, California
- Sky-walking over the Grand Canyon
- Riding the Carousel at Maine’s Old Orchard Beach
- Check on weight, height, and age limits: Some activities, such as zip-lining, horseback riding, and kayaking, have them.
- Leaving the electronics at home (or at least, in your hotel room) may be a bit of a challenge, but it forces kids to interact with their environment.
- Have rainy-day plans in place: A science museum or aquarium is always a good choice.
- Update your first aid and travel comfort kit.