Click here to see which Buckettripper trips make great family outings.
Many of the activities on this site would be great choices for some kids, depending on age and interest, but on this page, we’ve identified the activities that are either specially designed for kids and families, or activities that consistently get great reviews from kids across the board.
Recent Family Travel Articles:
- Crossing Jersey’s Intertidal Reef to the Seymour Tower
- Cheering on Soccer Players in Rio de Janeiro’s Maracanã Stadium, Brazil
- Riding to the Domincan Republic’s El Limon Waterfall on a Horse
- Roping in Cowboy Culture at Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Finding Water at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum Aquarium in Tucson
- Marveling from the Sugarloaf Mountain in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Hearing Great Classical Music Free in Aspen, Colorado
- Immersing in Smoky Mountain Culture at Dollywood Theme Park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Check on weight, height, and age limits: Some activities, such as zip-lining, horseback riding, and kayaking, have them.
- Leaving the electronics at home (or at least, in your hotel room) may be a bit of a challenge, but it forces kids to interact with their environment.
- Have rainy-day plans in place: A science museum or aquarium is always a good choice.
- Update your first aid and travel comfort kit.