See all Shopping Articles
We all want to bring back a little memento of our trip, something more than a photo but less than, say, a 10-foot tall lawn ornament. Well, our authors have shopped the world, and we’re here to tell you what to buy, when to bargain, and what’s worth pulling out a credit card.
Click on a red flag to see the article title.
Recent Shopping Articles:
- Shopping at the Sunday Market in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Shopping for Leather around Florence’s Santa Croce
- Shopping while Sightseeing near the Duomo in Florence
- Shopping and Learning about Jade on Vancouver Island
- Shopping for Fine Italian Crafts in the Oltrarno, Florence’s Left Bank
- Learning the Art of Perfume-Making on the Caribbean Island of St. Martin
- What to Buy in Montreal: Souvenir Shopping at Jean Talon Market
- Negotiating Cairo’s Khan el-Khalili Market
- If you’re a serious shopper, check on-line prices before you leave.
- In cultures where bargaining is de rigeur, lose your western-culture reluctance to argue about money and play the game! It’s all part of the fun even if all you save is a few pennies (and a whole lot of “face.”)