See all Cruises and Shore Excursions Articles
What is it about staring out at the thin line between blue sea and blue sky that stops time? Cruises come in all guises from luxurious ocean behemoths to river boats and barges to ice-cutters and small ships that dock in tiny ports no one has ever heard of.
Click on a red flag to see the article title.
Recent Cruises and Shore Excursions
- Sailing on the Waverley, the Oldest Sea-going Paddle Steamer in the World
- Exploring Myanmar’s Road To Mandalay by Riverboat
- Birding the Quebec Maritimes’ Islands near Rivière-du-Loup
- Cruising Saguaro Lake in Mesa, Arizona
- Transiting by boat through the Panama Canal
- Cruising on the Yangtze to the Three Gorges Dam, China
- Searching for the Yellow-eyed Penguin in New Zealand
- Stepping into the Past on Scotland’s St. Kilda Archipelago, a UNESCO Site
- Cruises aren’t just for the shuffleboard set (if, indeed, they ever were). Lot’s of shore excursions offer plenty of adventures, from ziplining to SCUBA.
- For romance, check out farther flung destinations to historic ports: These tend to be of less interest to the family-with kids crowd.
- Families should check out lines that cater to kids. Disney is a no-brainer, but other lines have good kids programs, too.