Launched in 1994, the Global Strategy for a Representative, Balanced and Credible World Heritage List reflects the world’s cultural and natural diversity. World Heritage Sites are chosen based on their outstanding universal value.
It is BucketTripper’s goal to have our writers collectively visit all 936 World Heritage Sites — and to give you a close, personal account of what it’s like to experience these exceptional destinations. To see how we’re doing, check out the stories, below.
Recent Stories About World Heritage Sites
- Taking Tea and the Waters at the Pump Room, Bath, England
- Calling Quetzals at Chichen Itza in Mexico
- Following the Roman Legions Along Hadrian’s Wall
- Climbing the Machu Picchu Mountain in Peru
- Stepping Back in Time in the Almshouses and Beguinages of Bruges, Belgium
- Imagining the Lives of the Harem Women at Istanbul’s Topkapi Palace
- Tuning into Dominica at Rosalie Bay Eco-Resort
- Being Overwhelmed by a Concert at the Sydney Opera House